Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yes, I coupon!

I never used to coupon.  I can't be hassled driving to five different stores.  I have no interest in buying random things I'll never use to earn Extra Care Bucks at CVS.  Lots of people do well with this, but it's just not for me.  I don't want to get a newspaper subscription for a sheet or two of coupons I may or may not even end up using.  I explained this to my friend, Katie, aka The Coupon Queen.  I just wanted to print out some coupons of things we actually use and go to one store!  Katie says, "You can do that at Kroger."  Did you know that?  She explained it all to me...

Kroger doubles all paper coupons that are .50 and below.  They also have one of those swipey cards you put on your keychain.  You can go to the Kroger website and it will direct you to 3 sources to where you can load up Ecoupons to that swipey card.  You can combine a paper coupon with an Ecoupon.  That's how you really save!  I usually get my instant potatoes, frozen vegetables, and tuna for free.  I get my brand name diapers and wipes at the price of store brand ones.

Another bonus to the Kroger swipey card is that you can earn college money by loading Ecoupons from UPromise.com.  You can't actually reduce the price of your shopping trip with these Ecoupons though.  When you buy a specified item, that company will give you the amount to add to a college fund.  It's normal everyday stuff like toilet paper and shaving razors.

Right Guard Sport Clear Stick Anti-Perspirant Deodorant, Cool, 2-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 6)

Here's an example of how I got men's deodorant free last week:
Right Guard Men's Deodorant was on sale for $1 at regular store price.
Coupons.com had a printable coupon - Save $2 on any 2 Right Guard products






I don't spend hours comparing prices to the ads to what coupons I need to print off etc. by using Southern Savers blog.  Jenny at Southern Savers does it all for you and has it all up and organized for you the day the new sales go in to effect.  She will also give you links to have coupon booklets and free samples mailed directly to you.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Kimmy! I've saved about $4,000 since July through couponing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats a BUNCH Brooke! and best wishes to you Kimmy.. it takes patience and preserverence!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!